Syrah is a well-known red grape from France, responsible for some incredibly diverse wines. In places like South Africa and Australia, it is better known as Shiraz, offering richer, fuller, and spicier notes than the traditional Syrah styles.
Typically, Shiraz is spicy, robust, and has complex red berry notes, making it an ideal wine with several meals.
Some of the best foods to pair with Syrah include barbequed meats like marinated pork ribs and steak. They work just as well with leg of lamb, veal, and venison.
Here is a great marinated pork rib recipe that is well worth trying alongside a quality Shiraz. Fortunately, we have a promotion on our Shiraz, so you can try this outstanding pairing.
If you buy 5 of our Reserve Shiraz, you will get your 6th bottle FREE!
- 1kg pork spareribs
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5cm ginger (grated)
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Pinch of salt
- Few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Pinch of chili powder
- Mix all the marinade ingredients.
- Lay the ribs out in a glass dish and pour the marinade over.
- Cover the dish and rest in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- The best way to cook the ribs is on a barbeque (frequently basting with the sauce).
- Alternatively, preheat the oven to 180°C and roast for at least an hour, turning frequently in the sauce.
Also, look out for our outstanding Jubileum (Shiraz Cabernet blend). There are only 25 cases available of wine, which are packed in beautiful wooden boxes for only R2999.
Or try our Noble Nomad Shiraz-Cabernet Blend, where you can get 12 bottles for only R1188.