Limited Reserve Jubileum 2016 NOW available

LIMITED EDITION WINE
LIMITED Reserve Jubileum 2016 has just been launched. 
This new addition to Rosendal Wine has intensity which can be seen with the purple rim and black core displayed within your glass. The fragrance of blackberries, pink peppercorns, and rich granite are embodied by this classic blend. The palate is filled with the sweet and bold fruity flavour of brandied cherries which lead into the full-bodied ripe tannin structure of this Reserve. It is the ultimate collectors wine with only 1500 bottled of this vintage. 

 

Vineyard

The grapes are sourced from a family owned property on North Western slopes of  the Bottelary Hills in Stellenbosch. Soils are all weathered granite with crumbly clay sub-soil (Clovelly) and the vines are not irrigated. These 15 - 20 year old vineyards are low yielding which results in full bodied and concentrated wines. 

 

Winemaking

Hand-harvested grapes are fermented for 10 days in stainless steel tanks. An aerated pump is then used to achieve the deep colour and aroma of the Jubileum. The wine is then aged in two batches to intensify the finish. The first 20% is aged in French Oak Barrels before the remaining 80% is added. This fermentation takes 23 Months and is then bottled into the unique experience of the Jubileum.

 

Varieties

72% Shiraz, 28% Cabernet Sauvignon

 

Analysis  

Alcohol:

RS:

TA:

pH:

14.39%

4.0 g/l

6.1 g/l

3.56


 

 

 

Serving Suggestion

The Jubileum pairs well with a hearty stew or tomato-based pasta. A mature cheddar also compliments this wine and can easily be enjoyed with smoked meat.


Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published